Monday, July 4, 2011

There Will Be Mud

Scenes from a Saturday morning well-spent. Used the Vaya to explore some gravel ascents on Mt. Toby in Sunderland, then found some of the highly-reputed singletrack up on top. Did a little climbing on that, too; some day, I'll have to get a pair of decently fat tires to put on the Delgado Cross rims the Vaya came with.

For a long-time road rider trying to recover from all the fussiness of that discipline, the joy of intentionally riding through a mucky puddle or sketching out my rear tire is new to me. I felt like a six-year-old set free in the woods.

So, the dreck on my bike (below) might not look like a lot of mud to some of y'all, but it was sure fun for me.





2 comments:

Suitcase of Courage said...

Eeewwww!!

-Confirmed Roadie

PS: the "Word Verification" for this comment was "ingrate" I kid you not.

Harry said...

I know, right?!? All that caked-up gunk all over that beautiful bike!!