Tuesday, April 14, 2009

False Positive

Some days, my ride just seems meant to be great.

And then it just turns out the opposite.

Woke up with energy to spare? Check.
Legs feel relatively fresh before roll out? Check.
Sunshine and temps climbing from the 30s to the 50s? Check.

Should've been a no-brainer, a Velophoria Incident Report, right? Right.

Nope. It was blah. Blah, blah, blah. Sodden legs. Disconnected state of mind. Weak as a baby on the hills. When I got home, I was simply glad it was over. What can you do? There are probably two or three good reasons for it, but I don't feel inclined to over-analyze today. Some days are like that. It's hardly a tragedy. For all I know, the next time I saddle up, I could be on fire.

Turn the page. Go to work. Do the best I can, enjoy the weather as much as possible, and don't worry.

No comments: